If you use eyeglasses, you probably invested some good amount of money in them. For this reason, you have to know how to handle them properly. If you do that, your eyeglasses will help you see clearly, the main reason why you bought them. Magnetic reading glasses, for instance, are to be cared for in a certain way. Take note that there are things you must do, and things you must not do in handling them. If you want your glasses to last for long, you must clean them often and be cautious not to scratch them while handling them.
How to clean your eyeglasses
From time to time your glasses will become dirty hence cleaning is necessary. Follow these steps to clean them:
- Use lukewarm water; hot water may cause scratches on the glasses.
- Use a dish detergent or a gentle soap to rub on the frames of the eyeglasses then rinse.
- Dry your eyeglasses using a soft cotton cloth. You can also get wipers to finish this job. You should avoid using any clothing material because it can cause scratches.
How to maintain the eyeglasses in good shape
- Over time, the frames of the glasses may become loose. It is, therefore, necessary that you take them to a technician to tighten them and also realign them properly on your face.
- Have a hard-shell case for carrying and protecting them. The hard-shell case usually comes with the eyeglasses. If you need a new case, let it be well fitting, not too large so that glasses in them do not rattle and break. Avoid putting the glasses anywhere because this may cause scratches that hinder clear vision.
- Sometimes you may need to remove your glasses. Ensure you remove your eyeglasses during sports, when going to take a shower, sleeping, swimming or when you are doing any activity that may break them.
General handling of eyeglasses
To make magnetic reading glasses serve you well, you should handle them in a certain way. Do the following:
- Use both hands when removing them so as to avoid misalignment of the glasses.
- Touching the lenses should be avoided at all cost. Doing that may leave fingerprints on them and thus make vision unclear.
- Always put your glasses in such a way that frames are up. This will help the glass from coming into contact with any surface that may cause scratches.
- If you do not want to misplace your glasses, you can use a strap so that the glasses are always around your neck. As such, you can put them on whenever you want to use them without looking for them frantically all over.
By following the above instructions, your glasses will serve you well for quite a long period of time. In summary, clean them regularly in the right way, do not mishandle them and take the necessary precaution when using them. For more glasses care gadgets, please go to Banggood.