Summer is the best time of the year for some people since they can enjoy the beach, go on road trips or take casual strolls in the park. In the midst of these activities, the summer heat will definitely make you sweat. So what are the top 7 tips to cool off the heat wave? Read on and try one of these tips to make the best out of the summer season.
1. Cotton is in. During summer, wearing cotton is your best option. Cotton outfits allow air to circulate easily within the fabric. It is best to choose lighter colors as these absorb less heat compared to dark-colored clothes. Opt for whites or creams to keep cool and achieve that trendy summer look.
2. Hydration is key. Since the heat wave can make you sweat more, it is a must that you drink more fluids during this season. This keeps your body hydrated and you will feel cooler. If you drink 8 glasses of water during regular days, try to drink 2 to 3 glasses more. Also, try to stay away from soda and coffee since this contains sodium, caffeine, and sugar in high doses which will dehydrate you more. It’s not necessary to drink cold fluids all the time — cool water is enough to do the trick.
3. Stay in the shade. While summer is your time to go outside and enjoy, it is recommended that you stay in between 11 in the morning to 3 in the afternoon. This is the time when the rays of the sun are strongest. If you don’t want to get outside in the heat wave, get sunburned or worse suffer heat stroke, then stay in your house or office during these hours.
4. Get a fan. There are mini fans you can purchase in the market. If you don’t want the hassle of charging or getting batteries for your mini fan, then you can choose to get the folding hand fans. These traditional fans are light, fashionable and very much portable. The good thing about folding hand fans is that you can match these with your outfit of the day.
5. Sunscreen cream. It is the necessity that you should have in summer. you should it on your face and the skin that is exposed half an hour before you go out to avoid sunburn.
6. Anti-UV umbrella. It can protect your skin from being damaged by the UV radiation when you go out.
7. Cooling spray. It will keep you cool every time you sweat.
There are other ways to cool off the heat wave which are also as effective as the suggested top 7 tips. Following these tips will not only help make this summer the coolest one ever for you but it will also help keep you healthy and heat stroke-free.