Dry lips are painful, irritating, and cause a lot of anxiety for people who suffer from this condition. It’s saddening that several individuals suffer from chronic dry lips. So, what are the causes of dry, chapped lips? This article will provide answers and offer some tips to keep your lips from dryness. Chapped or dry lips can usually be treated using some simple home remedies, as well as good moisturizing lipsticks like Kailijumei lipstick.
Common Causes of Dry Lips
Environmental factors typically cause dry lips, however, it can also occur as a result of lifestyle and diet factors. Below are some of the major causes of chapped, dry lips.
Licking of lips: Chronic licking of lips can result in dry, chapped lips. The licking causes the lips to get drier and vulnerable to peeling, which can lead to a vicious cycle because as the lips get drier, an individual might be more inclined to lick the lips.
Climate: Extremes of climate can also result in dryness of the lips. Lips might lose moisture as a result of cold temperatures and dry wind during winter. Aside from that, indoor heat can reduce or eliminate indoor humidity thereby worsening the condition. During summer, dry environmental conditions due to warmer temperatures can cause the lips to get dry.
Diet: A lack of certain vitamins can result in several health problems including chapped lips. A recent scientific investigation has linked a deficiency of vitamins B6, riboflavin, iron and niacin to cheilosis – a painful inflammation and cracking of the corners of the mouth and lips.
Disease and drugs: Chapped, dry lips might be an indication of an underlying health problem. Ailments such as Crohn’s disease have been found to cause dryness of the skin, and that includes the lips. Certain drugs can also result in drying of the lips.
Tips To Remedy Dry Lips
* Drink sufficient quantities of water during the day as this can help keep your lips from getting dry.
* Cucumber juice helps to keep the lips healthy and hydrated. Thus, you should try applying a slice of cucumber or cucumber juice on your lips once a day, either in the morning or evening.
* Include fresh green vegetables in your everyday diet, because they can help give your skin and lips a lustrous and healthy look.
* Avoid smoking and over the counter medications.
* If you wish to apply balms and lipsticks, then you should opt for lustrous ones like Kailijumei lipstick, as they can help protect your lips from changes in the weather.
* For excessively chapped lips, you can try using castor oil, and if your lips are extremely sensitive, Shea butter is a good product to deal with the problem.
These simple remedies will prove beneficial and provide quick relief for dry lips. Always remember to deal with this problem as soon as you notice it, as it might worsen if neglected. Lastly, if the condition persists after trying out these simple home remedies, be sure to speak with your healthcare professional. For more lip care products, please go to Banggood.